Header Ads

Breaking News
recent

Man Utd Paul Pogba Salutes His countryman And Former Arsenal Player.

Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba has paid tribute to former Arsenal ace Abou Diaby after he announced his retirement.

The former Juventus player hailed Diaby saying he was better than him.
Diaby's football career has been ravaged by injuries and has not played a competitive match since 2016. The 32-year-old announced his retirement from football on Monday 25th citing injury problems which have followed him throughout his career.

Pogba said “There is Iniesta, who is having an amazing career. Then there are the Kroos’, Modric’s of this world, David Silva, De Bruyne, Yaya Touré, even Abou Diaby. Who many forget about. He is an exceptional box-to-box player,".

"Sadly he had a lot of injuries. He was someone who when he was at Arsenal he was exceptional. We forget but he was exceptional. For France he was great. Abou Diaby is a player I watched and respect a lot. I won’t forget him. I learned a lot from him," he added.

Concerning his retirement, Diaby said on RMC Sport TV, "I put an end to my professional career. It was time. For a number of years, it has been difficult for me to come back. I had a lot of physical problems. At one point, you have to ask the right questions,"
“I decided to stop simply because the body was not following me. It’s difficult because I have spent most of my life in football, he added.

Diaby's injuries during his Arsenal career 

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.